Dream! Dream!! Dream!!! They Do Come True.
If I asked anyone who is currently reading this article, I am
almost certain that each and every one of you has an ultimate dream, either in
career, spouse, car, house, family etc.
For some, the dream may be a dark secret no one not
even those closest to you know you even have. For others, the secret is known
to just everyone, but the dream seems to be out of reach for good.
So why is it that when we find ourselves on the path towards our dream we begin to fear its realization? Why, when there exists the possibility of getting everything we have ever wanted, we do try and find different ways to destroy or sabotage those dream we have every hoped to achieve in our lives?
Is it simply because of “fear, our parent, family, religion,
background, cultural belief or what people will say’’ or is it because of the
saying that ‘’better the devil you know than the devil you don’t”?
Would we rather keep dreaming than actually take a risk in
achieving the dream and maybe just get what we want for a change?
Because once we achieve our dream, what’s next? What
becomes our next goal?
Why did we have to wait until we really had nothing to lose to
take a risk…and maybe achieve that dream we have always wanted?
The only remaining option for us all was to really think about
what we wanted — because we had the option of time — and perhaps we are young
and agile and we should feel as this might be the last
chance to really follow our heart.
For me, I’m not really sure why I was waiting, but in many ways, I
have held on to my dream a bit too tightly.
On the other hand, knowing that I have thrown caution
to the wind in days gone by and have not taken a risk makes it somewhat uneasier
to start achieving them. And i have also been fairly vocal about my hopes and
aspirations for the future – without much follow up. Up until now, I have been
all talk and very little action.


Samson Reiny says in his quote ‘’what’s the purpose of living if you don’t go after your dreams?’’
Twenty years from now
anyone of us will be more disappointed by the things we didn’t do than the ones
we did.
But come this season I wish all of you reading this would set off
on a journey which you have dreamed about your entire life….
The time is now let achieve our God given dreams!
Comments
Post a Comment